Why does the brain begin to age after 20 years, does the brain of geniuses and criminals differ, do nerve cells regenerate, why do they die in large numbers in infants? There are a lot of myths and many surprising facts about the work of our brain. The Daily Mail talks about the most curious secrets of the grey matter.
Facts About Human Brain
- “A person cannot tickle himself.” The fact is that the human brain is tuned to the perception of external stimuli, so as not to miss the important signals in the stream of sensations caused by the actions of the person himself.
- “Looking at a photo is harder than playing chess.” The fact is that a person is often quite difficult to identify visual objects. A glimpse can easily be mistaken for something else. For example, the figure of a person standing on an unlit highway may well be a road sign.
- “Yawning helps the brain wake up.” Yawning is often associated with lack of sleep and boredom, but in fact, it helps a person to wake up. While yawning, the respiratory neck expands, which allows the lungs to get more oxygen, which then moves into the bloodstream, making us more cheerful.
- “Computer games teach you to do several things at once.” The best source of training ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time are computer games. In shooters, for example, it is necessary to shoot as many enemies as possible from different sides. Games make people disperse attention and immediately respond to the slightest changes in the situation.
- “Exercises help keep the brain in shape.” Constant exercise increases the number of capillaries in the brain, which allows you to deliver more oxygen and glucose. Former athletes lose mental health less often than others with age. To be effective, sports should last at least 30 minutes several times a week.
- “The human brain uses less energy than a light bulb in the fridge.” Messages between brain cells are transmitted using electrical signals. It uses 12 watts of energy – less than for the operation of the light bulb in the refrigerator.
- “A stupid song is very difficult to forget.” The brain remembers the daily routine of a person, starting with making coffee and ending with the road he must travel to get home. The ability to recall this sequence makes everyday human life possible. Often the brain automatically includes the melody heard in this algorithm and periodically resembles it to a person.
Myths About Human Brain
- “A person can use only 10% of his brain.” Despite the divergence of this opinion, in fact, people every day uses the full potential of his brain. Various studies have shown that even to perform a simple task, almost all parts of the brain are activated.
- “The blind can hear better.” Studies have shown that the blind hear faint sounds no better than anyone else. However, blind memory has better developed auditory memory. They quickly understand the meaning of the sentence in a foreign language, and also better determine the source of the sound.
- “The bigger the brain, the more crazy.” Brain size does not affect a person’s intellectual abilities. However, according to researchers, the mind depends on synapses – contacts between neurons. The number of synapses grows in the childhood and adolescent period of a person’s life and affects the intellect.
More Interesting Facts About The Human Brain
- The brain, like muscles, the more you train it, the more it grows. The brain of an average adult male weighs 1424 grams; in old age, the brain mass decreases to 1395 g. The largest female brain in weight is 1565 g. The record weight of the male brain is 2049. The brain of I. S. Turgenev weighed in 2012 the average weight of the male brain was 1372 Flyweight normal neatrofirovannogo brain belonged to a 31-year-old woman – 1096 dinosaurs up to 9 meters in length, had a brain the size of a walnut and weighing only ’70
- The most rapid brain development occurs aged 2 to 11 years.
- Regular prayer reduces the frequency of breathing and normalizes the wave oscillations of the brain, contributing to the body’s self-healing process. Believers go 36% less to a doctor than others.
- Chronic stress (Stress Meaning in Hindi) not only adversely affects the size and structure of the brain, but also adversely affects heredity.
- The more educated a person is, the less likely it is a brain disease. Intellectual activity causes the production of additional tissue to compensate for the diseased.
- Occupation by unfamiliar activity – the best way of development of a brain. Communicating with those who surpass you in intelligence is also a potent means of brain development.
- Signals in the human nervous system reach a speed of 288 km / h. By old age, the rate is reduced by 15 percent.
- Marilyn Mach Vos Savant from Missouri, who at the age of ten years already had an average IQ for 23-year-olds, demonstrated the highest level of intellectual development (IQ). She managed to pass the most difficult test for joining the privileged Mega Society, which includes only about three dozen people who have such a high IQ, which is found only in 1 person out of a million.
- The Japanese have the highest average national IQ in the world —111. 10 percent of Japanese have a figure above 130.
- The super-photographic memory belongs to Creighton Carvello, who is able to remember at a glance the sequence of cards in six separate decks at once (312 pieces).
- The typical brain comprises about 2% of the body’s total weight but uses 20% of its total.
- Your brain is 73% water. It takes only 2% dehydration to affect your attention, memory and other cognitive skills.
- Ninety minutes of sweating can temporarily shrink the brain as much as one year of ageing does
- A piece of brain tissue the size of a grain of sand contains 100,000 neurons and 1 billion synapses, all communicating with each other
- Your brain generates about 12-25 watts of electricity. This is enough to power a low-wattage LED light
Nowadays with the start of technology, our eyes have been utilized to confronting excessive workload.
From Working on the screens to browsing on the smartphones, our eyes have been placed into use strenuously. It is thus imperative that we take good care of our eyes and keep them in good shape.
Although Eating foods rich in vitamins and wearing protective glasses before screens help, it may not be enough. To ensure optimum protection and good health of our eyes, it is equally important you consume nourishing herbs.
This Article intends to offer you a list of some delicious herbs That help boost our eyes’ health efficaciously.
- Although cannabis is largely considered to be a way to heighten senses, it has much more health benefits than what meets the eyes. It is known to protect the eyes by keeping the eye pressure in check.
- High pressure in the eyes is a common consequence of the onset of diseases like Glaucoma. Even those having a family history of Glaucoma may well remain precautious. The reason behind the health benefits that Cannabis provides is the presence of a compound called Cannabidiol in it.
- A study suggested that the dosage of cannabis sativa (Marijauna Seeds)can significantly reduce IOP (Intraocular pressure). There is a range of methods by which you can have cannabis. They include smoking marijuana, inhaling, and injecting intravenously.
- As the name suggests, eyebright is a herb that can prove to be useful in the improvement of eye health.
- A study has found out that it can treat the problem of conjunctivitis, also called the pink eye. An eye infection, called blepharitis, involves the eyelids getting inflamed.
- The eyebright can aid significant reduction in the inflammation and cure the infection effectively. Hence, whenever your eyes feel itchy or irritated, you can bring this herb into use for an effective cure of the problem.
- Eyebright can be applied directly to the eyes in the form of lotion for achieving the desired results.
- This herb has been in use for centuries across the world. Not only is it useful in dealing with problems related to the central nervous system but also eye problems.
- Its properties are such that it can also be called a selective vascular dilator. Due to this, it is known to increase the circulation of blood and guide the flow of blood to the back of the eyes. People suffering from diseases like Glaucoma and macular degeneration can thus get cured by the help of this herb.
- A research conducted on a set of Glaucoma patients also revealed that gingko is associated with an improved and sharper vision.
- Hence, imbibe the gingko biloba herb in your diet to ensure the well-being of your eyes.
- It is often said that the health of our eyes is indicative of how well our liver is functioning. According to research, blurry eyesight can be a result of the liver not functioning smoothly. The herb of milk thistle can thus prove to be beneficial.
- It consists of an ingredient called silymarin, which is known to promote the health of the liver. Since liver stores fat-soluble vitamins and glutathione, it can be helpful in the repairing of your eyes. Besides, milk thistle can also help us inhibit the production of s compound called reductase.
- This compound is responsible for the deposit of sugar in the eyes of those suffering from diabetes.
- Not only is turmeric a source of antioxidants but is also healthy for the eyes. The consumption of turmeric works in such a way that reduces the presence of oxidation in the lens of the eyes. This enables the body to maintain sharp and accurate eyesight.
- Another reason why turmeric is a boon for the eyes is that it contains an ingredient called curcumin. A study has found out that this compound can help relieve the dry eye syndrome effectively.
- Besides, it can also aid you to prevent the onset of retinal degeneration. Another benefit that arises out of turmeric is its property to cure a sore throat. This keeps the pharynx located behind the nasal cavity well-functioning as well.
- Hence, inculcate turmeric in your daily diet in order to maintain the health of your eyes.
Also, Read about: Amla Juice Benefits in Hindi
- Bilberry is a herb that is used to make a number of medicines. One of the highly acclaimed benefits of bilberry includes the improvement of the eyesight.
- Using it can treat eye conditions such as cataracts and retinal disorders. According to a study, it contains a high amount of a chemical called anthocyanoside.
- This chemical is associated with the improvement of eyesight in patients of diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Apart from these, Bilberries can prove to be handy in the treatment of ailments like glaucoma and eye strain. It is thus a must for those who intend to protect their eyes and ensure a good blood flow in the eyes.
- Eyes are one of the most sensitive parts of the body that need utmost care. Hence, ensure their health by inculcating these herbs in your diet comprehensively.
- According to the Historical Romans, Fannel Bulbs is known as “the Herbs of Sight”.
- Nutrients and antioxidants within this herb slow down the development of cataracts and encourage healthy eyes.
- Add a cup of almonds, fennel and sugar into a grinder and grind this into a powder. Eat 1 tbsp of the powder with a glass of milk before going to bed. Repeat this process to 40 days and watch that the advancement on your vision.
Goldenseal or Hydrastis Canadensis contains berberine and it is strongly antifungal, anti-inflammatory astringent. It’s used in this formulation to kill infections and decrease inflammation.
- Indian Gooseberry or Amla is referred to as a potent Ayurvedic cure for improving vision.
- Indian gooseberry or Amla is among the greatest sources of vitamin C. This fruit is enriched with antioxidants and other powerful nutrients that could enhance your vision.
- Vitamin C in Amla enhances the operation of retinal cells and promotes healthy capillaries. Drink this 2 times every day, in the morning and daytime. The juice may also be swallowed with honey.
Also, Read about: Eye Flu In Hindi