Depression is one of the most common mental disorders. According to WHO around 350 million people suffer from depression worldwide. This number continues to grow. It is estimated that by 2020, depression will be the second cause of disability. It is believed that depression is simply a change in mood. Also, it is a pessimistic outlook on life. However, this is just a common misconception – if left untreated, depression can turn into a severe form, and in the worst case, lead to suicide. Many tend to depreciate the suffering of people in depression, but it is worth remembering that depression is a disease that needs to be treated. Many treatment methods exist to treat depression. These treatment methods are quite effective, but only about 10% of patients who need it receive the necessary therapy. Let’s discuss common depression symptoms and possible treatment.
Let us begin by knowing Some Important facts about Depression
Important Facts About Depression
- Depression is not just a mood: People in depression are often sad and depressed. Depression is, lack of interest in something that used to please and bring pleasure, are constantly present, interfering with work, family life and everything else. Apathy is replaced by anger, and anger is replaced by apathy.
- Antidepressants won’t turn you into zombies: Unfortunately, many refuse to take antidepressants, believing that these drugs are addictive and other side effects. Modern drugs are almost safe. The correct selection of the drug can cope with depression without any serious complications.
- Improvement does not always mean healing: Some patients experience a short-term depression that they quickly manage to cope with. In most cases, the disease becomes chronic: for months, years, and even decades, people feel the symptoms of the disease and are being treated.
- Depression is not a form of Sadness: Often people think that depression is the same as sadness but it is more than that. Sadness is a natural reaction to any painful situation while Depression is a physical illness.
Common Sign And Symptoms Of Depression
People expect depression to manifest in something obvious. For example, if a loved one starts crying regularly or is angry without reason, then this may be a depression symptom. Here is the list of Depression symptoms, which are easily go unnoticed.
Depressed people tend to look for loneliness because they want to understand themselves and their feelings. “If your friend has always been sociable, but suddenly became withdrawn and indecisive, this may well be a sign of depression”. Other signs: the constant desire to sleep and watch TV instead of outdoor activities, which has always been a good tradition.
Depression is a rather debilitating thing. That is why people who constantly analyze themselves and their actions, trying to understand what is happening with their lives, always feel tired. “Depression takes a huge amount of energy, so it does not remain to solve important everyday tasks”.
Fatigue can also cause sleep disturbances (or changes in its structure and depth). Studies show that people suffering from insomnia are 10 times more likely to develop deep depression.
Lack of motivation
Always a punctual colleague suddenly became late for meetings and do it with enviable regularity? Perhaps this is not just a change of habits. Many depressed people lose motivation. This concerns not only work but the desire to put up in the morning and generally do something.
When an always calm and the positive-minded person suddenly begins to behave in the opposite way (nervous, angry and arguing with everyone who does not agree with his point of view), this can also be a sign of depression. Why it happens? Depression is stress, which overloads the emotional background so that it can shift, effort, or, rarely, weaken the expression of emotions. In the latter case, depression obviously takes too much energy, as a result of which the person stops responding to any events, taking them for granted.
Change in appearance
If your loved one suddenly loses or gains weight without rational reasons, you should think about it. In both cases, we can talk about eating disorders, but anorexia, bulimia and orthorexia are invariably accompanied by depressive moods. Weight fluctuations are a surprisingly common symptom of people who are depressed. This should also include inattention to appearance: especially, in cases where usually a person always watched himself and tried to make a pleasant impression.
“Lack of interest in sex can be a sign of depression”. This symptom is difficult to identify, as the partner may refuse your sexual intercourse for other reasons. However, in the case of sexual dysfunction, it is quite obvious that the problem should be sought in the mood.
The fact is that the brain is directly connected with our reproductive system. Thus, attraction to a partner originates in the brain, and only then this signal is transmitted through the neurotransmitters to the genitals by stimulating the flow of blood to them. When a person is depressed, neurotransmitters lose the ability to effectively transmit “information.” In addition, depression can cause partners to distance themselves from each other, which will make intimacy even more difficult
Possible Treatment For Depression
Many people think that depression is not curable, but the very important thing you need to know is depression is curable. Even the most severe forms of depression are successfully cured if the patient uses an effective treatment that is offered by psychiatry, psychotherapy.
Also, Talk to your doctor for possible treatment. For this, you can combine Conventional and Lifestyle change therapies. Some of the Depression (Depression Meaning in Hindi) Treatment is as follows:
- Medicines: Your doctor may prescribe an antidepressant, antioxidants, or antipsychotic medicines.
- psychotherapy: In this therapy, you can talk with your psychiatrist and learn the skills to deal with negative emotions. You can also take help from family or group medical sessions.
- Light therapy: Depression symptoms can be reduced with the help of White Light therapy. This therapy is also helpful in mood control. This therapy is used for the treatment of major depressive disorders.
- Alternative Treatment: Depression is also treated with the help of acupuncture or meditation; consult your doctor about this too. Some herbal supplements such as St. John’s Worm, SAMe and fish oil are also used for depression.
- Regular Exercise: Exercise for at least 3 to 5 days, for 30 minutes in a week. Regular exercise increases your hormone called endorphins in your body which makes your mood good.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs: Alcohol and drugs can provide relief for some time, but its consumption can increase depression and anxiety for a long time.
Nowadays with the start of technology, our eyes have been utilized to confronting excessive workload.
From Working on the screens to browsing on the smartphones, our eyes have been placed into use strenuously. It is thus imperative that we take good care of our eyes and keep them in good shape.
Although Eating foods rich in vitamins and wearing protective glasses before screens help, it may not be enough. To ensure optimum protection and good health of our eyes, it is equally important you consume nourishing herbs.
This Article intends to offer you a list of some delicious herbs That help boost our eyes’ health efficaciously.
- Although cannabis is largely considered to be a way to heighten senses, it has much more health benefits than what meets the eyes. It is known to protect the eyes by keeping the eye pressure in check.
- High pressure in the eyes is a common consequence of the onset of diseases like Glaucoma. Even those having a family history of Glaucoma may well remain precautious. The reason behind the health benefits that Cannabis provides is the presence of a compound called Cannabidiol in it.
- A study suggested that the dosage of cannabis sativa (Marijauna Seeds)can significantly reduce IOP (Intraocular pressure). There is a range of methods by which you can have cannabis. They include smoking marijuana, inhaling, and injecting intravenously.
- As the name suggests, eyebright is a herb that can prove to be useful in the improvement of eye health.
- A study has found out that it can treat the problem of conjunctivitis, also called the pink eye. An eye infection, called blepharitis, involves the eyelids getting inflamed.
- The eyebright can aid significant reduction in the inflammation and cure the infection effectively. Hence, whenever your eyes feel itchy or irritated, you can bring this herb into use for an effective cure of the problem.
- Eyebright can be applied directly to the eyes in the form of lotion for achieving the desired results.
- This herb has been in use for centuries across the world. Not only is it useful in dealing with problems related to the central nervous system but also eye problems.
- Its properties are such that it can also be called a selective vascular dilator. Due to this, it is known to increase the circulation of blood and guide the flow of blood to the back of the eyes. People suffering from diseases like Glaucoma and macular degeneration can thus get cured by the help of this herb.
- A research conducted on a set of Glaucoma patients also revealed that gingko is associated with an improved and sharper vision.
- Hence, imbibe the gingko biloba herb in your diet to ensure the well-being of your eyes.
- It is often said that the health of our eyes is indicative of how well our liver is functioning. According to research, blurry eyesight can be a result of the liver not functioning smoothly. The herb of milk thistle can thus prove to be beneficial.
- It consists of an ingredient called silymarin, which is known to promote the health of the liver. Since liver stores fat-soluble vitamins and glutathione, it can be helpful in the repairing of your eyes. Besides, milk thistle can also help us inhibit the production of s compound called reductase.
- This compound is responsible for the deposit of sugar in the eyes of those suffering from diabetes.
- Not only is turmeric a source of antioxidants but is also healthy for the eyes. The consumption of turmeric works in such a way that reduces the presence of oxidation in the lens of the eyes. This enables the body to maintain sharp and accurate eyesight.
- Another reason why turmeric is a boon for the eyes is that it contains an ingredient called curcumin. A study has found out that this compound can help relieve the dry eye syndrome effectively.
- Besides, it can also aid you to prevent the onset of retinal degeneration. Another benefit that arises out of turmeric is its property to cure a sore throat. This keeps the pharynx located behind the nasal cavity well-functioning as well.
- Hence, inculcate turmeric in your daily diet in order to maintain the health of your eyes.
Also, Read about: Amla Juice Benefits in Hindi
- Bilberry is a herb that is used to make a number of medicines. One of the highly acclaimed benefits of bilberry includes the improvement of the eyesight.
- Using it can treat eye conditions such as cataracts and retinal disorders. According to a study, it contains a high amount of a chemical called anthocyanoside.
- This chemical is associated with the improvement of eyesight in patients of diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Apart from these, Bilberries can prove to be handy in the treatment of ailments like glaucoma and eye strain. It is thus a must for those who intend to protect their eyes and ensure a good blood flow in the eyes.
- Eyes are one of the most sensitive parts of the body that need utmost care. Hence, ensure their health by inculcating these herbs in your diet comprehensively.
- According to the Historical Romans, Fannel Bulbs is known as “the Herbs of Sight”.
- Nutrients and antioxidants within this herb slow down the development of cataracts and encourage healthy eyes.
- Add a cup of almonds, fennel and sugar into a grinder and grind this into a powder. Eat 1 tbsp of the powder with a glass of milk before going to bed. Repeat this process to 40 days and watch that the advancement on your vision.
Goldenseal or Hydrastis Canadensis contains berberine and it is strongly antifungal, anti-inflammatory astringent. It’s used in this formulation to kill infections and decrease inflammation.
- Indian Gooseberry or Amla is referred to as a potent Ayurvedic cure for improving vision.
- Indian gooseberry or Amla is among the greatest sources of vitamin C. This fruit is enriched with antioxidants and other powerful nutrients that could enhance your vision.
- Vitamin C in Amla enhances the operation of retinal cells and promotes healthy capillaries. Drink this 2 times every day, in the morning and daytime. The juice may also be swallowed with honey.
Also, Read about: Eye Flu In Hindi